Togu Audio Line (TAL) vst: Midi Learn

Errors, malfunctions, website typos.
D1RTY J0E
F7 - Goldenseal

Togu Audio Line (TAL) vst: Midi Learn

Post by D1RTY J0E » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:19 pm

Hello,
I use a couple of vst from TAL in most of my projects (noisemaker and dub III ). These vst's have a midi learn feature but I am not successful in mapping to my controller in giada.
I have used the midi learn feature in TAL noisemaker with other DAW's. It would be awesome if this would work in giada. Is this a feature that would be achieved by the 'midi tunneling' I have seen discussed in another forum thread? My controller has 8 knobs and I would like to be able to map the knobs to control the vst.
I am using the latest giada release on Mac osx (mavericks). I will also test on Windows later and report back to you.
*edit* I am not able to use midi learn on Windows as well. Thanks!

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: Togu Audio Line (TAL) vst: Midi Learn

Post by FFT » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:25 am

Hi D1RTY J0E,
I use a couple of vst from TAL in most of my projects (noisemaker and dub III ).
Same here, on Linux :)
[...] Is this a feature that would be achieved by the 'midi tunneling' I have seen discussed in another forum thread?
Yes exactly, With MIDI tunneling one can drive MIDI events straight to plugins. That's a key feature and we would like to see it implemented as soon as possible (also because I really need it!). Thanks for your cross platform tests, stay tuned :)

D1RTY J0E
F7 - Goldenseal

Post by D1RTY J0E » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:36 pm

Hey, thanks for the reply! Do you happen to experience any irregular behavior with the Presets in the FX stack in giada? Specifically, when I open saved projects and click on the FX button of a channel I notice that the preset names on my plugins have reverted back to default preset name.
For TAL noisemaker the preset name reverts to the default and the plugin does not sound like the preset loads quite correctly. I have to re-choose the presets for my plugins again. I apologize for the vague description so I made a video to demonstrate the behavior. **video removed** possibly update with a new video after testing version 0.11.0
Thank you.
Last edited by D1RTY J0E on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:12 pm

Do you happen to experience any irregular behavior with the Presets in the FX stack in giada?
I can say we faced several issues with the current patch business, especially how plugin parameters are stored. That's why we have completely rewritten the storage system from scratch: In the next upcoming version (0.11.0) it should work way better than now. Hold on :D

D1RTY J0E
F7 - Goldenseal

Post by D1RTY J0E » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Wow, I simply cannot wait for ver 0.11.0! It will also include the ability to duplicate or clone channels (if I remember the roadmap correctly). Thank you for the kind responses. I shall remove the video I posted earlier demonstrating the vst plugin preset saving business. Thanks!