Midi Lightning (Mute & Solo)

Errors, malfunctions, website typos.
D1RTY J0E
F7 - Goldenseal

Midi Lightning (Mute & Solo)

Post by D1RTY J0E » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:16 pm

Hello,
I have made a lightning midi map for my controller. It works awesome except for the mute and solo commands. For example, if I assign green for solo on and red for solo off in the lightning map they behave in the reverse (red for on and green for off) in my project. I can't get any lightning at all for the mute on or the mute off.
Just wanted to report this behavior. I can successfully assign lightning commands with colors for Playing, Waiting, Stopping and Stopped. They all work flawlessly. Thank you.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: Midi Lightning (Mute & Solo)

Post by FFT » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:28 am

Hi,

First of all thank you for testing the experimental MIDI ligthtning business. Could you please paste here your map file?

D1RTY J0E
F7 - Goldenseal

Post by D1RTY J0E » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:11 pm

Hello, here is my lightning midimap that I am currently using:
brand=ELECTRIX
device=TWEAKER
init_commands=0:0xB0000000;0:0xB0002800
mute_on=0:0x90nn0400
mute_off=0:0x90nn0100
solo_on=0:0x90nn0100
solo_off=0:0x90nn0400
waiting=0:0x90nn0c00
playing=0:0x90nn3c00
stopping =0:0x90nn6c00
stopped=0:0x90nn7f00

A couple of notes. As you can see, my device is a Tweaker manufactured by Electrix. The init_commands in my map don't do anything (I just copied them from the example map for a Novation Launchpad S and Akai lpd8). I will play with the init_commands some more and see if I can get anything to happen on my controller.
I have assigned the following colors for the events:
Playing = Cyan
Stopped = White
Stopping = Magenta
Waiting = Yellow
Solo on = Red
Solo off = Green
Mute on = Red
Mute off = Green

As mentioned before I can't get any lightning at all for Mute On or Mute off. Currently I have them assigned to be Red for Mute on and Green for Mute off.
I can get lightning for Solo On and Solo Off however I have to reverse them in the map (in my midimap above I have assigned Green for Solo On and Red for Solo Off in order to get Red for on and Green for off).
Playing, waiting, stopping and stopped all work great. I have been having a lot of fun playing with the lightning functions. It's awesome. The Tweaker has a grid of 32 rgb led's that I like to map to stop/start channels and read actions in giada. I have no problems assigning midi-ins and midi-outs with lightning except for the mute and solo lightning.
Thank you.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:29 pm

Thanks for the midimap! Don't worry for the useless init_commands. They act as simple placeholders if they have no use for the device. Now we are investigating the issue. I'll keep you posted.