Giada crashes when saving project on KXStudio 14.04

Errors, malfunctions, website typos.
stragu
F3 - Chamomille

Giada crashes when saving project on KXStudio 14.04

Post by stragu » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:21 am

I have had this issue with the version offered by the KXStudio repository, which currently is 0.11.2, on the Ubuntu 14.04-based KXStudio 14.04 64 bits ISO.

I have now updated to 0.12.2 (64 bits) using the deb package available on http://www.giadamusic.com/forum/giada-0 ... t1392.html

I get the same issue with this latest version. This is the output of the whole session, using the command

Code: Select all

giada_lin
, adding about 8 samples, playing them for a bit, then trying to save the project:

[init] Giada 0.12.2 - Tue Aug 30 16:48:35 2016
[dataStorageJson::setUint32] key 'plugin_chooser_x' not found, using default value
[dataStorageJson::setUint32] key 'plugin_chooser_y' not found, using default value
[dataStorageJson::setUint32] key 'plugin_chooser_w' not found, using default value
[dataStorageJson::setUint32] key 'plugin_chooser_h' not found, using default value
[dataStorageJson::setUint32] key 'plugin_sort_method' not found, using default value
[PluginHost::init] initialize with buffersize=1024, samplerate=48000

MidiInJack::getPortName: the 'portNumber' argument (16) is invalid.

fish: “giada_lin” terminated by signal SIGSEGV (Address boundary error)
The last line is the only one relevant to the crash. The folder is created, and a couple of samples are saved into it, but the Giada just closes and that's it.

Has this been witnessed by anyone else?

Cheers!

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: Giada crashes when saving project on KXStudio 14.04

Post by FFT » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:54 pm

Hi stragu,

I'm not 100% sure about those

messages.

Try to disable MIDI I/O completely - i.e. set input and output ports to "(disabled)" and save the project again.

stragu
F3 - Chamomille

Re: Giada crashes when saving project on KXStudio 14.04

Post by stragu » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:02 am

Hi FFT

Thanks for your reply.

I tried disabling both (output was already disabled, input was blank), but I get the exact same result.