[FIXED] Compile error

Errors, malfunctions, website typos.
jboogie
F4 - Digitalis

[FIXED] Compile error

Post by jboogie » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:28 am

Hi, trying to compile on linux but I'm getting this error:

http://pastebin.com/eWNUJZAK

I have rtaudio 4.0.11 installed and am using an up to date Archlinux (that means I probably have latest version of all libs).

BTW you really should consider something more user friendly for reporting bugs than subscribing to a forum and waiting for approval of the subscription... Maybe a mailing list or a bugtracker like the ones offered by sourceforge, github etc.?

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: Compile error

Post by FFT » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:50 pm

jboogie wrote:Hi, trying to compile on linux but I'm getting this error:

http://pastebin.com/eWNUJZAK

I have rtaudio 4.0.11 installed and am using an up to date Archlinux (that means I probably have latest version of all libs).
Hi jboogie,
that's a bug: some #ifdef WITH_VST are missing in the file patch.cpp when you compile Giada without VST support. We'll fix it in the next version, thanks!
jboogie wrote:BTW you really should consider something more user friendly for reporting bugs than subscribing to a forum and waiting for approval of the subscription... Maybe a mailing list or a bugtracker like the ones offered by sourceforge, github etc.?
Indeed; we are moving the real development to github https://github.com/monocasual/giada, we just need to finish to translate the comments in plain English - I think that everything will be ready in a couple of weeks. This forum will become a place for end-users only.

jboogie
F4 - Digitalis

Post by jboogie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:14 am

ok, so I've downloaded the vst SDK 2.4 rev 2, followed instructions for compiling with vst, and now I'm getting this:

http://pastebin.com/jPtAGsk6
Indeed; we are moving the real development to github https://github.com/monocasual/giada, we just need to finish to translate the comments in plain English - I think that everything will be ready in a couple of weeks. This forum will become a place for end-users only.
glad to hear that ;)

mondoblip
F3 - Chamomille

Post by mondoblip » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:11 am

Hello, I tried compiling Giada without VST support and got the same error (PluginHost not defined). I understand it's a bug and was wondering if there's a way to install a previous version of Giada, like 0.5.2 or something.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:47 pm

jboogie wrote:ok, so I've downloaded the vst SDK 2.4 rev 2, followed instructions for compiling with vst, and now I'm getting this:

http://pastebin.com/jPtAGsk6
That's curious, I wonder why our compiler didn't catch that... It's obviously a prototype error. You should change this

Code: Select all

int  init(VstIntPtr VSTCALLBACK (*HostCallback)(AEffect*, VstInt32, VstInt32, VstInt32, void*, float));
into this

int  init(VstIntPtr VSTCALLBACK (*HostCallback)(AEffect*, VstInt32, VstInt32, VstIntPtr, void*, float));
in plugin.h, line 85
plugin.patch
(434 Bytes) Downloaded 599 times

mondoblip wrote:I understand it's a bug and was wondering if there's a way to install a previous version of Giada, like 0.5.2 or something.
At this point I fear that the 'PluginHost not defined' is a very old issue. Anyway:

v0.5.2
v0.5.1
v0.5.0

And yes, downloading previous versions of Giada is another feature we must implement ASAP. Many thanks for your patience, guys :D

jboogie
F4 - Digitalis

Post by jboogie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:22 pm

mmh made the change and now I'm getting this...

pluginHost.cpp: In member function ‘int PluginHost::addPlugin(const char*, int, int)’:
pluginHost.cpp:145:40: error: no matching function for call to ‘Plugin::init(VstIntPtr (*)(AEffect*, VstInt32, VstInt32, VstInt32, void*, float))’
pluginHost.cpp:145:40: note: candidate is:
In file included from pluginHost.h:34:0,
                 from pluginHost.cpp:31:
plugin.h:85:7: note: int Plugin::init(VstIntPtr (*)(AEffect*, VstInt32, VstInt32, VstIntPtr, void*, float)) <near match>
plugin.h:85:7: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘VstIntPtr (*)(AEffect*, VstInt32, VstInt32, VstInt32, void*, float) {aka long int (*)(AEffect*, int, int, int, void*, float)}’ to ‘VstIntPtr (*)(AEffect*, VstInt32, VstInt32, VstIntPtr, void*, float) {aka long int (*)(AEffect*, int, int, long int, void*, float)}’

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:50 pm

Here we go with other 2 patches along with the previous one (sorry, no single file):
pluginHostCPP.patch
(858 Bytes) Downloaded 586 times
pluginHostH.patch
(668 Bytes) Downloaded 615 times
Just out of curiosity, what GCC version are you using?

jboogie
F4 - Digitalis

Post by jboogie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:37 pm

yeay finally compiled and it's running! it looks fun, can't wait to have some time to play around with it ;) thanks FFT for the patches

$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.7.2
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:41 pm

jboogie wrote:yeay finally compiled and it's running! it looks fun, can't wait to have some time to play around with it ;) thanks FFT for the patches
Thank you for your bug reports ;)