Page 1 of 1

[FIXED] Giada on Mac OSx no sound

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:32 am
by johan
Hi,
I read about Giada and thought I should give it a try.
but when I start Giada, I get the message:
'Your soundcard isn't configured correctly. Check the configuration and restart Giada.'

I checked the configuration, it reads:

'system: CoreAudio',
'Output device: -no devices found-',
'Output channels:none',
'Input device: no devices found'.

It's not possible to change anything, apart from the buffersize.
I tried with the built-in audiocard, with my external audiointerface and with JackOSX, with both audiointerfaces.

any ideas?

Johan
system os x 10.6.8
Giada 0.5.7

Re: Giada on Mac OSx no sound

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:41 am
by FFT
Hi johan, thanks for reporting. This is a very known issue (https://github.com/monocasual/giada/issues/7): the sound system is probably broken on OS X.
Basically Giada is looking for a default sound card number 0 which is non existent. We are working on it!

Re: Giada on Mac OSx no sound

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:47 pm
by de_elia_artista
Same problem here on a OSX 10.6.8! Giada looks awesome; fix the sound system! :D
Cheers!

Re: Giada on Mac OSx no sound

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:41 pm
by FFT
Don't worry guys, version 0.6.0 will solve everything!

Re: Giada on Mac OSx no sound

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:51 pm
by FFT
Fixed in 0.6.0. We are still facing some garbage text in the device info panel (the "?" button). Feedbacks are welcome.

Re: [FIXED] Giada on Mac OSx no sound

Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:34 pm
by johan
yes, sound works now on OS X 10.6.8!

cheers
Johan

Re: [FIXED] Giada on Mac OSx no sound

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:25 pm
by hippadipper
have been getting this error for awhile - with version 0.6.2 error has gone away BUT ONLY after I deleted the old .conf file located in:

[user]LibraryApplication SupportGiadagiada.conf

Re: [FIXED] Giada on Mac OSx no sound

Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:50 am
by FFT
hippadipper wrote:have been getting this error for awhile - with version 0.6.2 error has gone away BUT ONLY after I deleted the old .conf file located in:

[user]LibraryApplication SupportGiadagiada.conf
You're right, because the .conf file contains old setup informations. Thanks for pointing that out.