[FIXED] The package is of bad quality.

Errors, malfunctions, website typos.
newsox
F4 - Digitalis

[FIXED] The package is of bad quality.

Post by newsox » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:13 am

Tried to download from software center on ubuntustudio 13.04 beta2 and message pops up..

The package is of bad quality.

The installation of a package which violates the quality standards isn't allowed. This could cause serious problems on your computer. Please contact the person or organisation who provided this package file and include the details beneath.

Lintian check results for /home/frank/.cache/.fr-RyC8Ej/giada_0.6.2_0_i386.deb:
E: Giada: control-file-has-bad-permissions postinst 0775 != 0755
E: Giada: control-file-has-bad-permissions prerm 0775 != 0755
E: Giada: bad-package-name
E: Giada: package-not-lowercase

...any ideas will be appreciated thanks!

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: The package is of bad quality.

Post by FFT » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:59 am

newsox wrote:Tried to download from software center on ubuntustudio 13.04 beta2 and message pops up..
Seems we had a similar bug here. Honestly I don't know that version from the software center: the only package we build is the one in the download area. Did you try that?

newsox
F4 - Digitalis

Post by newsox » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:14 pm

actually it was the file i downloaded from the giada website, i clicked it, then it automatically opens the software center, and when i click install, it pops up with the error i described... strange i was completely unable to find giada on software center by searching..

newsox
F4 - Digitalis

Post by newsox » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:24 pm

o_0
ooo0o i forgot im running the 64 bit OS

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:57 pm

newsox wrote:actually it was the file i downloaded from the giada website, i clicked it, then it automatically opens the software center, and when i click install, it pops up with the error i described
Oops sorry, I misunderstood. This is another version that should fix those messages:
giada_0.6.2_lin.tar.gz
(313.88 KiB) Downloaded 535 times
newsox wrote: strange i was completely unable to find giada on software center by searching..
Well, Giada is rather young, not all distros have it in their package managers. Time will tell :)

newsox
F4 - Digitalis

Post by newsox » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:48 am

ok, first off, thank you very much for your help, im excited to use this app. secondly, i downloaded the new file you posted... clicked on it, it automatically opens software center, i click install, it installs, and seems to have installed, but when i try to open application, nothing happens. no application opens.. only other minor issue is the fact that giada is miscatagorized in my start menu (it is filed under 'media playback' instead of 'audio production'), which im sure is an ubuntustudio issue rather than a giada issue.. or maybe it's a symantical issue,...
so my running the 64 bit os shouldnt pose a conflict?

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:42 am

newsox wrote:.. i downloaded the new file you posted... clicked on it, it automatically opens software center, i click install, it installs, and seems to have installed,
so the package now works correctly!
newsox wrote:... but when i try to open application, nothing happens. no application opens..
Unfortunately Giada doesn't seem to run on Ubuntu (and derivatives) 64 bit: Running the Binary on a 64-bit System. For now the alternative is to compile it from scratch, external libraries included.
newsox wrote:only other minor issue is the fact that giada is miscatagorized in my start menu (it is filed under 'media playback' instead of 'audio production'), which im sure is an ubuntustudio issue rather than a giada issue..
Here on (X)Ubuntu 12.04 (with Gnome and/or Xfce) Giada is stored correctly under "Multimedia". The desktop configuration file contains the following field:

Code: Select all

Categories=AudioVideo;Audio;X-Digital_Processing;X-Jack;X-MIDI;Midi;
Thank you again for your support!