[FIXED] note edit in V0.7

Errors, malfunctions, website typos.
Ben
F6 - Feverfew

[FIXED] note edit in V0.7

Post by Ben » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:22 am

Hello,

Thank you for this new release.
When trying to remove a note (right click) from the midi grid, it seems that it is always the previous note which is deleted not the current selected one.
I'm on win7.
A small remark too, perhaps the FX label should now be renamed "VST"?
And as a feature request: different lengths for each slot, perhaps? Again for this drone/phasing/polyrythmic effects.

Ben

nesbit
F9 - Lavender

Re: note edit in V0.7

Post by nesbit » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:00 pm

The Midi editor is still VERY buggy, hopefully it will be fixed.
Good idea about the VST label! ;)

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:28 am

Ben wrote:Hello,

Thank you for this new release.
When trying to remove a note (right click) from the midi grid, it seems that it is always the previous note which is deleted not the current selected one.
I'm on win7.
Unfortunately on Windows you can't see debug messages. So could you please upload a test patch with a couple of deleted notes?
Ben wrote: A small remark too, perhaps the FX label should now be renamed "VST"?
That would break our "future proofness", when we will implement other plugin frameworks such as LV2 on Linux
Ben wrote: And as a feature request: different lengths for each slot, perhaps? Again for this drone/phasing/polyrythmic effects.
Do you mean different length (in beats, or samples) for each channel?
nesbit wrote:The Midi editor is still VERY buggy, hopefully it will be fixed.
Feel free to report any bugs found, we want a bug-free Midi editor ;)

Ben
F6 - Feverfew

Post by Ben » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:36 pm

Do you mean different length (in beats, or samples) for each channel?
Yes. A nice implementation is on the imea-studio (http://www.imea-studio.com/LogicielImeaSequencer.aspx)
Each track has it's own limit (in beats, yes) then a "master" sequencer can force a reset of every sequencer (that would be the current one).
Unfortunately on Windows you can't see debug messages. So could you please upload a test patch with a couple of deleted notes?
Perhaps I didn't explain myself very well. I don't think this will be visible in a patch.
What I meant is the following: I entered 3 notes "3c", "3e", "3g".
If I want to delete "3e" by right-clicking on it, it doesn't work.

What I should do is "select" it by clicking on it (right click), the note is now "white", then right click on another "pink" note (3g f.i.)
That would break our "future proofness", when we will implement other plugin frameworks such as LV2 on Linux
[PLG] then ? :D

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:29 pm

Ben wrote:es. A nice implementation is on the imea-studio (http://www.imea-studio.com/LogicielImeaSequencer.aspx)
I see, you can build complex and irregular rhythms that way. Sounds great to me!
Ben wrote: Perhaps I didn't explain myself very well. I don't think this will be visible in a patch.
What I meant is the following: I entered 3 notes "3c", "3e", "3g".
If I want to delete "3e" by right-clicking on it, it doesn't work.

What I should do is "select" it by clicking on it (right click), the note is now "white", then right click on another "pink" note (3g f.i.)
Ok so it's something GUI-related. If I understood correctly, you right click on a note and it stays on the grid but becomes "white", right? Does it happen for each new note, or after some manipulation - shifting/shrinking/moving/...?

Ben
F6 - Feverfew

Post by Ben » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:25 am

Ok so it's something GUI-related. If I understood correctly, you right click on a note and it stays on the grid but becomes "white", right? Does it happen for each new note, or after some manipulation - shifting/shrinking/moving/...?
Yes, it stays on the grid but in white (normal color being pink)
It does happen every time.
If I insert just 2 notes (from an empty state), to delete a note I have to select it (pink to white), then right click the other note.
It means I can't never delete all the notes, the last one is always there.

I don't know the implementation but It looks like a bad index in an array. Does it makes sense?
I see, you can build complex and irregular rhythms that way. Sounds great to me!
to me too :P
In fact I'm not to much in the mouse click /piano roll stuff. I'd like more a text string entry or arpeggiator/euclidean generator (as requested in the feature requests).
As a live tool, entering notes one by one with a mouse is not that great. But I guess it depends of the use you want to make from giada :roll:

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:12 am

Ben wrote: I don't know the implementation but It looks like a bad index in an array. Does it makes sense?
Honestly I don't know, on Linux we can't reproduce the bug. Just another quick question: does the last note "sound"?

Ben
F6 - Feverfew

Post by Ben » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:10 am

does the last note "sound"?
Good question: no it doesn't sound. When the note is right clicked (and thus white) the note won't sound anymore. It's like it's deactivated. It's more a "refresh" problem.
The behavior is a bit more predictable now.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:56 am

Ben wrote: Good question: no it doesn't sound. When the note is right clicked (and thus white) the note won't sound anymore. It's like it's deactivated. It's more a "refresh" problem.
The behavior is a bit more predictable now.
Very good, so it's just a refresh problem as you noticed; we'll try to fix it in version 0.7.1. Thanks again!

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Fixed in 0.7.1.