keyboard shortcuts for global and beat functions

Good ideas, proposals, enhancements.
The Lo-Am Allstars
F9 - Lavender

keyboard shortcuts for global and beat functions

Post by The Lo-Am Allstars » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:05 am

So, feel free to smack me down if this is actually already there I've just managed to completely miss this feature and it's already there, buut... you can map global functions to midi, what about keyboard shortcuts for that, and things like the beat x and ÷ feature, so they can be more easily accessed and manipulated on the fly?
---------------------------
use case - thinking about users who don't necessarily want to deal with midi controllers, so they can trigger their action loops with keyboard keys, and then jam with mutes and read/unreads with the keyboard as well. Was thinking same 'assign key' style as the channel trigger function, so you could like, solo and mute on the fly with the numpad, while triggering your sequences and loops with the qwerty keys.
...as always, feel free to smack me down if I've missed something obvious.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: keyboard shortcuts for global and beat functions

Post by FFT » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:44 am

I agree, this feature is a must for the near future. So far you can assign only start-stop events via keyboard while mutes and solos are semi-hardcoded via shift and ctrl (more infos here (keyboard interaction)). Other functions like x and ÷ should be mapped as well. beat Added!

The Lo-Am Allstars
F9 - Lavender

Post by The Lo-Am Allstars » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:01 am

It would be handy if you could see that they highlight the appropriate box on the GUI as well.
I'd love a "clear actions" switch too, maybe Alt+[key] - for when I screw one up, I can just clear it and go again next bar.

[ADMIN NOTE: original message edited, we made a mess, sorry 8-) ]
...as always, feel free to smack me down if I've missed something obvious.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:35 am

The Lo-Am Allstars wrote:It would be handy if you could see that they highlight the appropriate box on the GUI as well.
The Lo-Am Allstars wrote:I'd love a "clear actions" switch too
Good ones. Added!