hold / glitch / skip-like-on-a-CD function

Good ideas, proposals, enhancements.
The Lo-Am Allstars
F9 - Lavender

hold / glitch / skip-like-on-a-CD function

Post by The Lo-Am Allstars » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:51 pm

Another one!
I'd love it but I don't know how many others would use it - a button that makes the playhead 'hang' on the same beat until released, and maybe you can cycle it between playing the whole beat, half, quarter etc? And possibly (here's where things get tricky) a setting which allows it to switch between two modes (so imagine the bold bit represents the key being held down)

one to 'interrupt' the actual tempo, (i.e. [ 1-2-3-4- | 1-2-2-2-2-3-4- | 1-2-3-4- | 1-1-1-2-3-3-3-3-3-3-4- ])

and one that keeps time but just hangs the sound (i.e. [ 1-2-3-4- | 1-2-2-2- | 2-2-3-4- | 1-2-3-3- | 3-2-3-4- ])

Fun for glitch electronica and experimental beatmusic heads. But again, I'm sure there's a VST that would do something like this too. I'm sure comprehensive VST support would hard though, because you can't be sure of how well programmed and stable some of them are anyway.
...as always, feel free to smack me down if I've missed something obvious.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: hold / glitch / skip-like-on-a-CD function

Post by FFT » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:47 am

Another good point! That's exactly what we mean with "interactive sequencer (jump to beat, sub-zone beat)" in the roadmap. You will also able to create new "sub loop" in ranges like 6-9 or 2-3 for example. Or yet 1-1 or lower, creating the glitch effect.

Since VST support is getting quite stable now, in the meantime you could try Glitch (http://illformed.org/plugins/) which is the perfect tool for this kind of things. Just put it on the main output channel :)

The Lo-Am Allstars
F9 - Lavender

Post by The Lo-Am Allstars » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:45 am

Ah, I'd forgotten dBlue's plugins! Glitch and tapestop here I come. I've just chopped up the stems of a short thing I made a couple of months ago - I'm going to try to jam with it a bit with some friends - can't wait to see how it goes!
...as always, feel free to smack me down if I've missed something obvious.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:24 am

The Lo-Am Allstars wrote:Ah, I'd forgotten dBlue's plugins! Glitch and tapestop here I come. I've just chopped up the stems of a short thing I made a couple of months ago - I'm going to try to jam with it a bit with some friends - can't wait to see how it goes!
Glitch is a beast. Keep up the good work, and feel free to share anything you like in the new glorious your sounds section :mrgreen: