batch open/assign samples

Good ideas, proposals, enhancements.
The Lo-Am Allstars
F9 - Lavender

batch open/assign samples

Post by The Lo-Am Allstars » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:55 am

ability to select multiple samples in the file browser, and have Giada automatically load each one in its own channel? (making it possible to load a whole kit in a few clicks)? And (while I'm at it) maybe a batch-assign keys - assigns each loaded sample to the next free key either from A to Z or from "q-w-e-r..." to "...m-,-.-/" to quickly load and audition samples for building a kit.

Just picked up 8.2, looking forward to playing with it!
...as always, feel free to smack me down if I've missed something obvious.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: batch open/assign samples

Post by FFT » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:12 am

The Lo-Am Allstars wrote:ability to select multiple samples in the file browser, and have Giada automatically load each one in its own channel? (making it possible to load a whole kit in a few clicks)?
Good idea. Added!
The Lo-Am Allstars wrote: And (while I'm at it) maybe a batch-assign keys - assigns each loaded sample to the next free key either from A to Z or from "q-w-e-r..." to "...m-,-.-/" to quickly load and audition samples for building a kit.
Sounds very useful, but quite tricky to deal with different keyboard layouts - QWERTY vs QZERTY vs QWERTZ to name a few. We could think about it while working with multi-language support in the future.