[DONE] Loop points snap to grid

Good ideas, proposals, enhancements.
lverona
F9 - Lavender

[DONE] Loop points snap to grid

Post by lverona » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:21 pm

I don't know how difficult this is to do. Basically, in a sound editor would be good to be able to have a grid which depends on the bpm. That would allow one to select beat precise loops if he wants to make a custom loop within a file.

lverona
F9 - Lavender

Re: Loop points snap to grid

Post by lverona » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:36 am

I have to add that this makes sense to have while the loop is playing as well. I understand that Normalization and other edits are undesirable and/or impossible while the loop is playing, but changing loop points should be easy.
It would be great to have loop points displayed right in the file slots, so one would not need to go into the editor. Say, two dots on top of the box which displays the filename or whatnot %) Needs thinking. But seems like an important option.

Duchamp
Site Admin

Post by Duchamp » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:37 pm

lverona wrote:I don't know how difficult this is to do. Basically, in a sound editor would be good to be able to have a grid which depends on the bpm. That would allow one to select beat precise loops if he wants to make a custom loop within a file.
Not too difficult! We can guess the bpm by the number of frames (i.e. samples). A similar approach is taken by Ableton Live in its sample editor, I suppose? That grid could also be multiplied or divided in order to allow a finer manipulation.

Duchamp
Site Admin

Post by Duchamp » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:50 pm

lverona wrote:I understand that Normalization and other edits are undesirable and/or impossible while the loop is playing, but changing loop points should be easy.
Thanks to the internal locking mechanism (multithread stuff, very boring ;) ) I think that even the loop point manipulation can be done while the sample is playing. We have to rethink the current approach, for sure.
lverona wrote: It would be great to have loop points displayed right in the file slots, so one would not need to go into the editor.
In the future that button might be replaced by a small waveform widget, with loop points, waveform and any other related tool...

lverona
F9 - Lavender

Post by lverona » Fri May 02, 2014 7:58 pm

Hey guys!

Just want to remind about that feature. I installed latest Giada to lear what's going on. I really would appreciate if you would look into this and see if it is possible to quantize a sample according to beats and let a musician change loop points start and end quantized to the beat. That would allow me during the gig to choose to manipulate samples in very creative ways and play with short like 2 beat loops which is sometimes what gives minimal house its feeling.

lverona
F9 - Lavender

Post by lverona » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:31 am

Guys, I love the new design.

Can I please ask you to look into this feature again? I am REALLY missing it! Pleeeeease =)))

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:54 am

Hi louigi! You'll be glad to see that we finally added the feature to the 0.9 branch. Thanks for your patience :mrgreen:

lverona
F9 - Lavender

Post by lverona » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:07 pm

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

I will do a minimal house session for you guys ;)

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:21 pm

lverona wrote:I will do a minimal house session for you guys ;)
Can't wait, man! :D