wait/ending cues in different colours?

Good ideas, proposals, enhancements.
The Lo-Am Allstars
F9 - Lavender

wait/ending cues in different colours?

Post by The Lo-Am Allstars » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:48 am

Would it be useful for anyone else to have the channels flash for cued samples to be in two different colours, ie the ?? colour that is already there stays for playing and waiting samples, but once they've played, and they're ending, or waiting to disappear next cycle, they have a duller/darker colour ??? I know that might be dumbing it down a lot, but I sometimes get confused with loop-once and loop-repeat samples, which ones are going to make sound next cycle and which are going to disappear.

(also, maybe not worth its own topic, but I noticed I keep changing what I call things like cycle/loop-start (for the length that Giada repeats) and sometimes I use
'cue' and 'trigger' to mean the same or different things (I TRY to mean that a 'cued' sample will start at the next event, a bar or a cycle/loop-start, and a 'triggered' sample is either a one-shot that will play immediately, or the key-press which cues the sample). Do you guys have like, standard names you call these functions? Would a glossary make it easier to understand what crazies like me are saying, or am I getting waaaay too OCD?
...as always, feel free to smack me down if I've missed something obvious.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: wait/ending cues in different colours?

Post by FFT » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:30 am

The Lo-Am Allstars wrote:Would it be useful for anyone else to have the channels flash for cued samples to be in two different colours, ie the ?? colour that is already there stays for playing and waiting samples, but once they've played, and they're ending, or waiting to disappear next cycle, they have a duller/darker colour ???
Strongly agreed, so far it's quite confusing with the same color.
The Lo-Am Allstars wrote:Do you guys have like, standard names you call these functions? Would a glossary make it easier to understand what crazies like me are saying, or am I getting waaaay too OCD?
As programmers we too are completely OCD! :D There is a list of modes here "play modes" section. Feel free to point out any mismatch that you might find in the docs!

EDIT: actually we don't have a serious set of names for cycling and loop events. We will look into that as soon as possible.