[DONE] MIDI support

Good ideas, proposals, enhancements.
Xzu
F1 - Bilberry

[DONE] MIDI support

Post by Xzu » Fri May 25, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi there.

I'm Xzu, linux audio musician, from the wild of the south France (that explain my poor english :oops: ).

I'm very happy and exited to see MIDI support in the road map,
I can test all that you want if it's necessary!

I'm new in using loop and MAO for live, but i want to use it for performance, in a solo project.

Thanks for this nice soft!

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: MIDI support

Post by FFT » Sat May 26, 2012 11:45 am

hi Xzu, as you may see from the roadmap the MIDI support will be implemented in the 0.6 trunk.
We will surely need MIDI testers, due to the infinite number of devices out there...
hold on tight! :)

bluey
F4 - Digitalis

Post by bluey » Sun May 19, 2013 2:29 pm

Hi!

With the MIDI implementation in development, would an euclidean MIDI channel be possible? MIDI in would control the parameters, MIDI out would control a synth or drum machine. Does it make any sense to anyone else?

Cheers,
Bruno

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Mon May 20, 2013 10:50 am

I admit my complete ignorance on the (intriguing) topic, after a quick search I paste here some links as a reference:

http://ruinwesen.com/blog?id=216
http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~godfried/publi ... /banff.pdf
http://www.hisschemoller.com/2011/euclidean-rhythms/ <-- demo app here

The idea seems great for live performances, if implemented as a pattern generator. Added to our roadmap!

MrPopinjay
F4 - Digitalis

Post by MrPopinjay » Sun May 26, 2013 11:10 pm

Hello all!

Just wanting to put another 'plus one' in the midi bucket as I think that being able to control giada via midi would certainly be a huge step forwards. Personally I'd like to use it with an MPC style pad controller, playing one shot drums and recording loops :)

Cheers,
Louis

The Lo-Am Allstars
F9 - Lavender

Re: MIDI support - multiple ports?

Post by The Lo-Am Allstars » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:32 am

Bump! Midi support is great so far. I'm experimenting with Giada and one of those little Korg 'nano' usb drum-pad controllers. Going forward, I'd love to have multiple midi ports so I can trigger samples with the pads, and also control global midi stuff like recording /transport and levels, channels etc with something like the nano-knobs-and-faders controller.
...as always, feel free to smack me down if I've missed something obvious.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: MIDI support - multiple ports?

Post by FFT » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:38 am

The Lo-Am Allstars wrote:Bump! Midi support is great so far. I'm experimenting with Giada and one of those little Korg 'nano' usb drum-pad controllers. Going forward, I'd love to have multiple midi ports so I can trigger samples with the pads, and also control global midi stuff like recording /transport and levels, channels etc with something like the nano-knobs-and-faders controller.
Good point, I guess we should add this to our roadmap. BTW for now you should be able to "re-flow" your MIDI messages with the MIDI thru/through port. Any feedback on that is welcome!