[DONE] permanent midi mapping

Good ideas, proposals, enhancements.
genesis06
F4 - Digitalis

[DONE] permanent midi mapping

Post by genesis06 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:07 am

First of all, great job with giada, it's reliable and very efficient, almost the perfect tool for live music session.
I miss a feature, or perhaps I missed something in the setup, but I cannot make giada midi bindings permanent. let me explain.
I launch a giada session, create few free sample channels and affect some midi binding to start/stop each loop.
the If I save the project and re-open or just free some channels, it just loose all midi bindings setup.
It's a real shame, and if I am not missing something in the setup, it would be a "simple but great" feature just to have giada midi bindings permanent, in ordre to use it with some external controllers such a apc mini.
another great feature would be to have a separate "record" button for each loop in ordre to determine in wich sample channel we intend to record the current loop.

Best Regards

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: permanent midi mapping

Post by FFT » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:39 am

Hi there,

Your issue sounds strange, MIDI configuration should be permanent. What version of Giada are you using? Could you also please upload here a test patch to reproduce the bug? Thanks!
another great feature would be to have a separate "record" button for each loop in ordre to determine in wich sample channel we intend to record the current loop.
I agree, this one would embrace another feature we are working on: record MIDI notes to channel.

genesis06
F4 - Digitalis

Post by genesis06 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:46 am

I am using giada version 0.9.0
midi bindings are correctly stored for non empty channels but I would like to affect midi bindings (from apc mini controller) to empty channels and store those bindings in order to be able to launch each channel directly after live recording without having to remap midi "key press input" each time I record a new channel, because it's really no usable this way in live session.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:04 pm

genesis06 wrote:midi bindings are correctly stored for non empty channels
Ok now I get it and you're right: Giada does not read parameters for empty channels (bindings are actually stored in the patch file, but skipped). I agree with the lack of usability in live sessions: we will fix it very soon. Thanks for your feedback!

genesis06
F4 - Digitalis

Post by genesis06 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:32 pm

Ok ,hope this will be implemented soon :)
As a "turnaround", I intend to use keyboard shortcuts affected to existings channels and then I free some channels before the live session, the keyboard shortcuts are not deleted and I am able to record some voices or instruments then trigger it immediately via the keyboard shortcuts
Thanks for your reply and congratulation for the job so far

Duchamp
Site Admin

Post by Duchamp » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Done in 0.9.5.