Zaquencer and Giada?

Good ideas, proposals, enhancements.
bluey
F4 - Digitalis

Zaquencer and Giada?

Post by bluey » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:22 pm

For those of you with a BCR2000, this https://zaqaudio.com/ and Giada running on a netbook seems like a great portable live setup.

Is anyone else using Giada with midi to say if this could be in a usable state at the Giada development stage? This may be answered some place, but can we have multiple midi channels routed to different sample banks?

bluey
F4 - Digitalis

Re: Zaquencer and Giada?

Post by bluey » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:38 pm

Just tested with seq24 (my BCR is @home at the moment) and it seems to be pretty straight forward to use Giada with Zaquencer. Just the midi mapping could take a while to do, since I didn't find a way to choose bind a CC to the sample channel manually, could this be added in the future, choosing the midi channel and CC for a channel action manually?
And if you want to map a midi channel to Giada channel(s) and have it play notes on a VST plugin, how could this work?

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: Zaquencer and Giada?

Post by FFT » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:40 am

bluey wrote:could this be added in the future, choosing the midi channel and CC for a channel action manually?
In the very near future we want to add the ability to manually edit the hex of the MIDI Message. It's hackish, I know, but it's better than nothing. :D
bluey wrote:And if you want to map a midi channel to Giada channel(s) and have it play notes on a VST plugin, how could this work?
It should already work: all MIDI messages are sent to the VST stack.