Multiple Channels in the GUI

Good ideas, proposals, enhancements.
nesbit
F9 - Lavender

Multiple Channels in the GUI

Post by nesbit » Wed May 08, 2013 4:34 am

Hey,
I think it would be cool if giada could have a "grid" look instead of 2 columns (AKA Ableton)
(or this http://postimg.org/image/gd9f5yuld/)
I think this ability would be able to support more controllers like the launchpad.
You can also add more columns using the add button.
What do you think of this?

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: Multiple Channels in the GUI

Post by FFT » Thu May 09, 2013 12:43 pm

I like it! Along with The anatomy of dual patch idea, your idea is an interesting solution for switching between two projects.

Maybe with multiple channels you don't even need to switch, you just load as many channels as you need to work with the whole set. Could it work?

nesbit
F9 - Lavender

Post by nesbit » Thu May 09, 2013 2:32 pm

I'm not sure if you would, it might depend on how you like your workflow to look. The only thing I do not like about giada is how it only has 2 columns with 16 samples on each one. Ableton Live's sample mode looks very similar to what I proposed, and that has a lot of followers. Have you seen Madeon's Pop Culture? He uses Ableton Live to trigger samples and make a song, that has multiple columns and rows. I think some people would find it easier to use giada this way.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Thu May 09, 2013 3:22 pm

nesbit wrote:The only thing I do not like about giada is how it only has 2 columns with 16 samples on each one.
Wait... Giada has 2 colums with infinite samples on each one - at least since version 0.6.1
nesbit wrote:Have you seen Madeon's Pop Culture? He uses Ableton Live to trigger samples and make a song, that has multiple columns and rows. I think some people would find it easier to use giada this way.
Very, very inspiring!