Giada as MIDI looping re-router

Vospi
F3 - Chamomille

Giada as MIDI looping re-router

Post by Vospi » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Good day. :)

I was looking for a software (a plugin, probably) for clever and comfortable MIDI looping in FL Studio. The reason is: I'm very comfortable with software, I've got lots of my own existing projects and sound/fx presets in it; it's not very flexible with live tasks, though. At all. :) That's how I've googled this page and I'm very glad I had.

Would Giada be suitable as something that receives MIDI notes/CC data, loops it and sends it further (probably along with BPM info) to FL Studio where I'll have all VT processing happening? Any particular manual or video I should look into? Thanks in advance!

P.S.: How do you pronouce Giada? :)

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: Giada as MIDI looping re-router

Post by FFT » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Hi Vospi,

First of all thanks for your support. If I understood correctly, Giada - at the moment - cannot work that way. I mean, you can't receive MIDI events and then output them back right away. But is seems a very interesting feature we might take into consideration during the development of this feature.

Something like that:

Code: Select all

MIDI input > sequencer (looping) fx > MIDI output
P.S.: How do you pronouce Giada?
It's an Italian name and it sounds like "jah-duh"... more or less :)

Vospi
F3 - Chamomille

Re: Giada as MIDI looping re-router

Post by Vospi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Yes, the idea is this: I'm pressing keys on a real controller, FL Studio sees lovely Jaadaaa lady like a MIDI device and percepts its input. :)