Microphone Input Delay (Rec Delay Comp)

Gomec
F1 - Bilberry

Microphone Input Delay (Rec Delay Comp)

Post by Gomec » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:41 am

I'm using Giada with my preamp as both the input and output. When I click on the input monitor, I can hear my mic (feeding into my preamp) but there is a massive delay. I try to correct this using the Rec Delay Comp in config and it seems to get a little better as I increase this value, however, it isn't particularly consistent and I can't get an immediate mic response. At this point I am not sure adjusting this value is doing anything.

The direct monitor from my preamp is instantaneous. My sampling rate is 44100 in both Giada and my preamp. The buffer size is reduced to 256 but any lower than this and the mic becomes distorted. Resampling is set to sinc best quality, although changing this doesn't seem to do anything.

I found a VST for Delay Compensation but it crashes Giada.

My end goal is to use Giada as a life effects processor for my mic and loop beats using tracks adjusted by my midi-controller. Not having any issue with the midi controller. Just the mic input.

Any help? I'm starting to suspect there isn't anyway my computer can do this without the delay, which is a huge bummer. If that's the case, though, how can I record in my DAW without any delay?

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: Microphone Input Delay (Rec Delay Comp)

Post by FFT » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:57 am

Hi Gomec,

I don't know what OS you are using. On Linux I would suggest to switch to JACK, while on Windows you could try with ASIO. You can do that by opening the configuration window and select the proper sound system from the drop-down menu. Let us know how it goes!