Sending midi out question (Linux)

nano
F6 - Feverfew

Sending midi out question (Linux)

Post by nano » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:00 am

Just discovered giada and so far I really like it. However, I can't seem to send any midi out to instruments.

I create a clip with some midi notes in the piano roll and play the clip, enable midi out, route the midi output to an instrument using Catia (all through jack) but the instrument doesn't receive anything. I've even set the instrument to receive on all channels but still nothing.

Is there an issue with this or am I missing something? I mentioned this on #opensourcemusicians and someone else had experienced the same thing which is why I am posting here for help or clarification.

Aside from that though, good work!

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: Sending midi out question (Linux)

Post by FFT » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:48 pm

Hi Nano,

Thanks for your positive feedback! I guess you're using MIDI via Jack, right? What happens if you switch to ALSA mode (config -> system -> ALSA)?

jagiz
F4 - Digitalis

Post by jagiz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:39 pm

Also for me didn't work and i have only jack in config system, maybe it's my problem but i start giada with jack.
With other software i see the app midi port and connect and works, here not.

jagiz
F4 - Digitalis

Post by jagiz » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:46 pm

i try with a vst instrument plugin loaded in the fx button, ok this works and it's fun...but a midi jack/alsa way can be more fun....i can use zynaddsubfx, hydrogen and the others.... :-)