Switching Between Drum Racks (?)

red
F4 - Digitalis

Switching Between Drum Racks (?)

Post by red » Sun May 14, 2017 3:38 am

Is there a way to "switch between drum racks" (not sure if this is even the correct term) like you can with a Launchpad and Ableton Live? Essentially what I would like to end up with is the ability to utilize Giada to turn my [laptop] keyboard into a Launchpad-type controller. ('cause I'm stingy and don't like to buy expensive software/accessories unless I know I'm going to use them a ton)

I've gotten to the point where I can play melodies with various keys set to different notes on a scale (one sound sample set to different pitches), but I was wondering if there was a way to be able to press a key to switch from the original samples to a different set of samples. (For example, if I start with using 'a' and 's' for playing a laser sound effect and a person saying "ouch", then if I press 'r' the bindings will shift to another pre-created set of samples so that 'a' plays a sword clash sound effect and 's' plays a sample of someone saying "en garde")

Is this something that is possible in Giada? If it isn't, is it something that could possibly be added?

Also, I apologize for any convoluted-ness; I am quite a beginner in the realm of DAW's and things, so my vocabulary in this area is also kind of limited.

So far, this program [Giada] has gotten me the closest to being able to accomplish what I would like to do (stated in the beginning of this post) than other programs I've tried to use, and I'm really pleased with the results so far.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help/suggestions!

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: Switching Between Drum Racks (?)

Post by FFT » Tue May 16, 2017 7:39 am

Hi red, thanks for your love! I think you are referring to what we call "Sequencer banks". It's basically an array of buttons (A-B-C-D...) that swaps the current set of samples and actions inside each channel. It's an essential yet missing feature we will add very soon.

red
F4 - Digitalis

Re: Switching Between Drum Racks (?)

Post by red » Wed May 17, 2017 12:12 am

Yeah, I think that is what it is! Thanks for the useful information and quick response!