Midi Clock Sync Questions

rudenoise
F3 - Chamomille

Midi Clock Sync Questions

Post by rudenoise » Tue May 30, 2017 9:52 am

Hi,

I've just started out with Giada and it looks like exactly what I'm afrter (a way to perform with some of my outboard gear live, while using in-box processing).

I've been having a little trouble syncing my Electribe (ESX2), I can get it to sync but the timing is off (and doesn't follow the expected BPM).

I'm configured to use "Midi Clock (master)", I couldn't get MTC working. Hitting play works and once the beat signature is setup correctly the loops are in sync between Giada and the ESX.

Changing the BPM does sync with the external device but the timing is off. Weirdly choosing 140 bpm is close, 133 slows right down and does 145. Some bpms are close others way off and it doesn't correspond that raising the bpm raises the tempo!

I've tried both Windows (10) and Linux with the exact same effect. I'm using v0.14.0

Any ideas if this is likely to be a config error, device issue or bug?

Thanks in advance!

Duchamp
Site Admin

Re: Midi Clock Sync Questions

Post by Duchamp » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:21 pm

Hi rudenoise! Thanks for your feedback. Honestly the Midi Sync stuff has never been tested rigorously (@FFT can confirm that, right?), so I'm pretty sure we are facing a bug here.

Let's start with the basics:
I'm configured to use "Midi Clock (master)", I couldn't get MTC working
So did the Midi Clock work? Was it an issue with MTC only?

rudenoise
F3 - Chamomille

Post by rudenoise » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:28 pm

Thanks for the reply Duchamp, sorry about the slow response.

So MTC didn't work at all.

midi clock did work up to a point: playback was simultaneous but the BPM was way off.

Hope that helps? Would filling a bug report on github be preferable?

Duchamp
Site Admin

Post by Duchamp » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:25 pm

rudenoise wrote:Hope that helps? Would filling a bug report on github be preferable?
It would be great if you could debug it with some real-world I/O data, i.e. MIDI messages sent from and to Giada during your experiments. We'll look into that anyway. Thanks again for reporting.