Channels of diffrent lenght?

kjo
F3 - Chamomille

Channels of diffrent lenght?

Post by kjo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Hi,

I discoverted giada and started exploring it recently and it looks promising! Congrats.

However, I'd like to be able to have channels with diffrent lenghts at the same time. Say I want a few drum loops of 1 bar of 4 beats and a bass line of 4 bars of 4 beats. Is this possible with Giada?

Or alternatively, is it possible to have the loop start/stop at every bar change, rather than at the end of the longest part of the tune? That would be an alternative way tu have long parts but still being able to change smaller parts at every bar change.

Thanks by advance for your answers

vision
F10 - Milk thistle

Re: Channels of diffrent lenght?

Post by vision » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi, Giada offers several loop modes that might suit your needs. I suggest you to take a look at the following tutorials:

Giada tutorial #8 - Loop modes overview
Giada tutorial #2 - Basic looping operations

Please let us know if you think we've left out something useful. Thanks for the thumbs up ;)

kjo
F3 - Chamomille

Re: Channels of diffrent lenght?

Post by kjo » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Thanks for your answer. "loop . once . bar" is indeed what I'm looking for with sample channels. However, I'd like to have the same for channels with actions or MIDI channels.

Let me give an example : I have a patch with 4 bars. I import a kick to a sample channel. I'd able to be able to set actions to have it repeated a few times a bar. Currently, I have to put actions in all the 4 bars, and I can't stop the channel at bar 2. What I'd like would be :

- to be able to set the length of the actions editor/the MIDI piano roll to only 1 bar and have it behave as a sample channel of the same length with loop.once.bar in this case (preferred)
- or to be able to have channels with actions/MIDI channels mute at the end of each bar

Does that make sense to you?