I'm not a programmer but HOW CAN I HELP THE CAUSE??

Boi_social
F7 - Goldenseal

I'm not a programmer but HOW CAN I HELP THE CAUSE??

Post by Boi_social » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:32 pm

Hello!
I'm a musician looking to use giada for my main live performance center piece, but still alot of the functions are not available yet. I would love to share my ideas and help work on coding etc but have no knowledge concerning these at all...

So how can I help improve the software and become more involved?!

The only things I can think of are promoting the software or making songs/tutorials and share with others but how can I be more directly involved even without the proper knowledge?? I would love to have a videochat with the developer(s) and bounce around some ideas etc :)

I really do hope to hear from you soon as this is one of my greatest passions and feel like this is something of great importance :D

Greets from the Netherlands!

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: I'm not a programmer but HOW CAN I HELP THE CAUSE??

Post by FFT » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:29 am

Hi Boi_social,

You definitely don't need to be a coder to help us: as you said, even suggesting new ideas (in the "New Features" section) and making songs/tutorials with Giada would help a lot.

We are very open to new suggestions, feedback and improvements, so feel free to share ;) Thanks for your support!

Boi_social
F7 - Goldenseal

Post by Boi_social » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:58 am

Hi,
With quite some excitement I joined this forum so I could try to contribute as much as I can to Giada. But after having some scarse replies to my messages and seeing alot of other people's posts half heartedly or barely responded to (not really a dialogue going on) I feel quite disappointed...

I mean the IDEA of Giada being an open source non-install community project sounds quite cool, but I feel like if you're not already kind of "in the circle" like me and some other users, you're questions and suggestions are bound to be skimmed over or just blatantly ignored...
There's no general sense of actual community and there doesn't seem to be any way for non tech savvy people to really HELP...?!

I mean how can we make Giada move forward? How do we make the community grow? What sets giada apart from the rest and what is the goal??

Hope this will change over time..

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:48 pm

Hey Boi_social, I think you're misunderstanding this forum. This is a very slow-paced place where to drop ideas and ask for support. I can't help but quoting myself - how to make Giada move forward?
[...] suggesting new ideas (in the "New Features" section) and making songs/tutorials with Giada would help a lot.
We are very open to new suggestions, feedback and improvements, so feel free to share [...]
We are waiting for your input ;)