giada, launchpad novation MK2 and linux

funix
F3 - Chamomille

giada, launchpad novation MK2 and linux

Post by funix » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:26 am

Hello,

I'm a new user of giada, I've just bought a novation MK2 launchpad, it works very well under linux with Mixxx for example but I don't understand how to connect and use it with giada. Can someone explain me step by step what is necessary to do to make it work.
Thanks !

Olivier

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: giada, launchpad novation MK2 and linux

Post by FFT » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Hi funix,

Since the MK2 is a MIDI controller, you have to set it up as described here.

You can also configure it to receive input signals with the so-called lightning messages, but that's an advanced and non-mandatory step.

funix
F3 - Chamomille

Post by funix » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:38 am

FFT wrote: Since the MK2 is a MIDI controller, you have to set it up as described here.
In the MIDI setup, I have jack and input or ouput port (disabled), but for input port I have system:midi-capture-1 or system:midi-capture-2, with gjackctl I have defined no particular connexion. Do I have to launch something like Qsynth ?

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:09 am

Could you please list here all the available options in the MIDI input port menu? Besides that, I suppose you want to control Giada with your MK2, rather than make some noise with a VST instrument. So in addition you have to assign it the right parameters on the MIDI learn window.