Syncing with Hydrogen

DJ_Barney
F1 - Bilberry

Syncing with Hydrogen

Post by DJ_Barney » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:17 pm

Hi,

Looked at a lot of software and this is the one that seems to really do what I need.

I wanted to sync with Hydrogen. I don't want to use the sampler in Hydrogen itself. I set Hydrogen as the MIDI input after not being too sure if Giada was syncing through Jack. I had it synced but only through both Hydrogen and Giada having the same BPM set. Setting Hydrogen as Jack Master and then slowing down the BPM did not get a corresponding reaction from Giada. Can Giada sync through Jack ? Can Jack sync using the MIDI time code ? Or is there some other way ?

I'm new to this software so just looking for some guidance here.

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: Syncing with Hydrogen

Post by FFT » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:37 am

Hi Barney,

Giada can definitely sync through Jack, but I'm 100% sure that the slave device (Hydrogen) won't obey the BPM changes. I guess the solution lies in the MIDI Clock. I will dig deeper as soon as I have access to Hydrogen (not on this device). Please hold on :)

sarakhan
F3 - Chamomille

Post by sarakhan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:49 am

is giada more stable in linux than win 8?
Our Actual Exams and mcp practice test gre exam provide you EXIN pass guarantee. You can get access to passguide toefl and wikipedia with multiple prep The Johns Hopkins University and best of luck University of Saint Joseph

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Post by FFT » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:26 am

sarakhan wrote:is giada more stable in linux than win 8?
Giada is built upon cross-platform libraries: generally speaking a bug on Giada Linux should propagate on other OS as well - but only if it occurs at "Giada level". I would inspect the stability of the underlying operating system, though.