Giada on Debian 7 Wheezy (Linux)

MrPopinjay
F4 - Digitalis

Giada on Debian 7 Wheezy (Linux)

Post by MrPopinjay » Sun May 26, 2013 9:43 pm

Hello all!

I'm interested in mucking about with giaga but I've been having trouble actually installing or running it on Debian 7. The .deb gives me a 'wrong architecture' error, which I find confusing since my amd64 Debian 7 installation is multi-arch and I have no problems with other i386 applications. I tried the binary but I couldn't get it to do anything, it didn't print an error to the terminal or anything, it just did nothing.

Lastly I tried source, however I couldn't find all the dependencies in the Debian repos. The configure script aborts when it cannot find rtAudio. I did install the librtaudio4 package, which did not help. I suspect it wants the librtaudio-dev package, however this package will remove JACK2 (and related packages) and replace them with JACK (and it's related packages), this is not something I really want to do.

So, what are my options here?

Slight side note: Any plans to get giada into the Debian repos? It'd be a great way to make it accessible to a wider audience as it is the base for an immense number of Linux distros, including the popular *buntu's.

Thanks,
Louis

FFT
F14 - Syrian Rue

Re: Giada on Debian 7 Wheezy (Linux)

Post by FFT » Mon May 27, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi MrPopinjay, we moved your topic to a new area, just for organization's sake.
MrPopinjay wrote: I'm interested in mucking about with giaga but I've been having trouble actually installing or running it on Debian 7. The .deb gives me a 'wrong architecture' error, which I find confusing since my amd64 Debian 7 installation is multi-arch and I have no problems with other i386 applications.
Unfortunately the .deb works only on 32 bit architectures for now. We will push out a new 64 bit version shortly!
MrPopinjay wrote: Lastly I tried source, however I couldn't find all the dependencies in the Debian repos. The configure script aborts when it cannot find rtAudio. I did install the librtaudio4 package, which did not help. I suspect it wants the librtaudio-dev package, however this package will remove JACK2 (and related packages) and replace them with JACK (and it's related packages), this is not something I really want to do.
RtAudio seems to be tricky... try to compile it from scratch and copy the library by hand in the right folders (lib and include - rtAudio does not have a make install option).
MrPopinjay wrote: Slight side note: Any plans to get giada into the Debian repos?
That would be great, even if we haven't faced that yet. I've found something on Launchpad:

https://launchpad.net/~blablack/+archiv ... ld/4574320
https://launchpad.net/~blablack/+archiv ... ld/4574321

but it's obviously unsupported and unofficial. Maybe you could test those packages and give us some feedbacks :) If I remember correctly, you have to be a Debian developer for your package to be included in the official repos. Can someone confirm this?

Anyway thanks for your precious feedbacks!

R19Men
F1 - Bilberry

Giada on Debian 7 Wheezy Linux

Post by R19Men » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:15 am

Hi,
I have been playing Sheevaplug with Debian and FreePBX for sometime. Today, I tried to boot Sheevaplug from internal flash without USB drive plugged in. However, the Plug cannot boot into Ubuntu any more. The last few line from serial console said:

Code: